How Geospatial-Intelligence GeorbIS Is Reshaping The Future of Tourism
GeorbIS – 3D Geospatial Platform
- GeorbIS®, is VizExperts’ flagship software product, which enables geospatial intelligence driven decision making for organizations working with large amounts of data.
- OGC® (Open Geospatial Consortium) Certified product
- Provides native support for 3D GIS data visualization, analysis and multi-data fusion.
- Provides stand-alone desktop based systems as well as server based enterprise level systems
- Offers modular extensions called CartridGIS that provide advanced application-specific functionality
- In addition to the core GeorbIS product, VizExperts’ Systems Integration & IT Consulting division undertakes further customizations, application software development and turnkey project execution on top of the GeorbIS platform.
- Customers include various DRDO labs, ISRO centers, BARC, Indian Army, Police, Paramilitary Forces, among others.
- DGS&D Rate Contract: The GeorbIS® product line, including its supporting modules, are available on the DGS&D rate contract.
Benefits of a Geoportal in Tourism
- Viewing places of interest before actually heading out to a location of interest for a tourist or a hobbyist.
- Location of tourist hotspots and information to visit the location through rail, road or air.
- Selection of location based on various factors such as budget, time to visit, total travel time from current location etc.
- Information regarding current special events over a location such as Ganpati festival in Mumbai or Durga Puja in Kolkata.
- Integration of analysis tools such as areal distance measurement for two location based on time and distance.
- Current activities in area near a user based on mobile location.
- Location of non-tourist attractions such as hobby clubs, specialty restaurant & hospitals etc.
- Information regarding resources available over a selected route of travel.
- Virtual tours to highlight special area of interest along a route.
- 3D models of famous monuments and artifacts inside a museum for a virtual tour.
- Faster reporting of expected footfall for particular event by use of analytics.
- Planning for an event with all information regarding expected footfall, emergency services, routes capacity, etc. available to planners.
Features in Enterprise GIS
Interation of static databases in a single portal such as
- Location of hospitals, utilities, infrastructure, etc.
- Road network.
- Tourism hotspots.
- Bus stops, railway station and airports.
Integration of dynamic inputs in a single system such as
- Weather information.
- Traffic updates.
- Tickets rates and availability.
Near real-time updates to user queries
- Weather alerts.
- Emergency response.
- Itinerary creation.
- Route selection and planning.
- Travel advisory on SMS based on location.
- Advanced analytics and report generation based on location information such as information regarding the expected footfall for Amarnath Yatra (just an example) based on previous year footfall.
- 3D Modelling of famous monuments for virtual tours.